Thursday, February 9, 2012

Anticipation...Good workouts and CrossFit

I spent a lot of time today watching Tough Mudder videos;  both the official videos on their site and one's made by people who ran the damn thing.  My excitement is building along with the apprehension of knowing that my friend Jason has yet to sign up...bastard.  This poses a problem because Jason was the one who told me about the event in the first place, and now the Saturday date is 90% sold.  Damnit.


I also was reviewing different blogs from people who did Tough Mudder and I came across one that mentioned CrossFit as a training method.  I've never heard of it but I was intrigued by their horrific stories of sweat, vomit, and dramatic weight loss and muscle building.  Here's the link:


Crossfit

First off, let me say that I don't think this workout is for me.  I like P90X for how tough it is but I can still do the workouts from Day 1.  CrossFit is completely fucking crazy because they expect you to do 15 minutes of non-stop exercises, including olympic-style deadlifts, from Day 1.  I imagine that any CrossFit student that would hear me whine about the program, without trying it first, would call me some colorful names.  From what I've seen....well, I know my limits and CrossFit just may be beyond them.  A lot of people swear by the program and I may look into it further as I get into better shape, but for now I will stick with P90X.  Hell, I had a very hard time with Insanity so I can't push myself further into a program that looks 10 times HARDER.  Not yet.


After watching all those videos and learning about CrossFit, I was pretty amped up to do Core Synergistics today.  It's pretty fucking weird to admit that considering I hate Core Syn.  I had an awesome workout today!  I really tried to limit my breaks and push myself further than I had a couple days ago.  You know what?  I was topping my rep. goals and really crushing the workout.  I checked my weight and I am officially down 6 pounds as of today!!  


I only have one more day of my recovery week and then I start phase 2 of P90X which means I have to deal with the pure hell that is Chest, Shoulders, and Tri's.  That workout is a fucking monster!  My goal for the next phase is to do Ab Ripper after my resistance days since I skipped it during phase 1.  Also, I plan on purchasing the rest of my Mudder gear so that I can start my trail running.


I am getting close guys...only 63 days left until I am deep in the shit at Amherst Quarry.  6 pound weight loss is nice but for me it is just the beginning.  Tough Mudder awaits and I need to be in fighting shape. 


Tough mudder tough mudder tough mudder tough mudder...

No comments:

Post a Comment