Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Locking in the final details...40 days left

Today's post is not really exciting in any way, other than the fact that I am less than 40 days out from Tough Mudder.  My friend Jason FINALLY registered for the event and my friend Paige will be joining us as a spectator.  This will be helpful because he will be able to bring a change a clothes for us without us having to check bags at the event, which I heard is very time-consuming due to the amount of people.


Yesterday I remembered that I still needed to book a hotel room for the night before the event. A lot of places in the area were booked up for obvious reasons, but I eventually booked a room at the luxurious Motel 6 where Tom Bodett will hopefully be running the course with us as well.    So now I have officially completed all planning aspects of the event.  The only things left to do are to continue my training and purchase the rest of my gear for the event.  I plan on buying the Injinji toe socks and gloves this weekend but I am still unsure about the Under Armor stuff. I just don't know what the weather will be like and I want to wait a little bit before committing to the cold or warm weather gear that UA provides.  The clothing is not very cheap.


I am finally getting back into a workout schedule this week after a couple weeks off.  From 2/18 thru 2/25 I was in Florida for my birthday and when I came back from the beautiful 80 degree weather to 20 degree shit in Detroit, I immediately got sick.  So I spent most of last week recovering and I started my second week phase 2 for P90X yesterday.  Scratch that, I picked up where I left off as I did the first day last Monday and then came down with a cold.  Plyo yesterday was pretty rewarding and I felt very energized to do the workout even though I didn't get much sleep the previous night.  I's really amazing to see the improvements you make as you continue through the program.  I really felt less winded through a lot of the moves and I wasn't completely wasted by the end of it.


Very soon I am going to start running outside in order to build up my endurance so I will be purchasing a heart monitor/step tracker for this so I can gauge my runs.  Hopefully P90X will provide enough strength training to get me through the upper body-based obstacles such as Funky Monkey and the Rope Climb, while the running will help with the...uhh...running..part of the course.


Today's workout is Back/Bi's which is tough as hell but is a killer arm workout.  I look forward to the coming weeks of training and preparation for the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment