Monday, October 17, 2011

P90X Day 1: Chest and Back...it's good to be back

I made the decision today at work to begin a round of P90X and to be honest I was extremely excited to get home and begin.  You would think I'm crazy for saying that because this program is fucking brutal, but going back to resistance training after so much cardio is what I really want right now.  

So today was Day 1 and that means CHEST AND BACK!!

Good ol Chest and Back...pushing and pulling.  Pretty simple stuff and I pushed HARD through the first round of it.  In the past, especially on the first day, I tried to pace myself during the first round so that I wouldn't die during the second.  Today I was pretty ramped up for this workout so I pushed to fail for much of the first round.  As usual, the unholy trinity of push ups (Military, Diamond, and Declines) fucking killed me.  I will never get used to military style push ups, I just hate those damn things.

Other than that the workout felt great.  By the end of it I was feeling a little light-headed but that is probably due to the fact that I didn't eat much today.  We haven't shopped for groceries in a while so I am running out of food options.  I couldn't bring myself to do Ab Ripper today so I apologize.  I promise to do it on Wednesday.

It is time for bed and tomorrow is the return of the Beast...Plyometrics.  Frankly I'm not that worried as I used to be.  No workout will ever be as hard as Insanity's Pure Cardio.  That was a fucking monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment