Wednesday, October 19, 2011

P90X Day 2: Plyometrics

Doing a little catch up from last night since I was dog tired.  I woke up yesterday to some serious soreness in my arms and shoulders.  Yes it hurts, but it hurts soooo good!  I missed this feeling throughout the 3 weeks of Insanity because those workouts are strictly cardio.  Being able to lift weights and do push ups again...it felt great and the soreness is not that big of a deal.  If you are doing P90X for the first time, let me just say that if you can get through the first two weeks than you can complete the program.  It's all about pushing through the soreness.


After work yesterday I was just plain worn out.  I was sore, tired, hungry, and when I got home I really didn't want to bounce around for an hour.  The Beast, however, is one workout that I didn't want to miss.  Not that I enjoy it.  In fact sometimes I freaking despise Plyometrics, but I felt that my 3 weeks of Insanity would give me a head start and make it easier.  


That is kind of true, but no one can say that Plyo is anywhere near "easy."  I was able to complete a lot of the workout with no breaks so that was nice for me.  I ran into some snags with the same moves I had a problem with before.  Mary Katherine's, 180 Run Stance Squats, and Hot Foot.  Those moves kill me every time.  I was sweating my ass off and was bound and determined to finish strong so the sports bonus was pretty easy.  By the time I get to that part of the workout I know that the hardest part is over with.


After the workout I mowed through a delicious stuffed red pepper that my wife made and then pretty much passed the F out.  Later today I will have to do Shoulders/Arms/Ab Ripper so we shall see how that goes.  I'm looking forward to the arm workouts as they should help to stretch out my muscles and reduce some soreness.  Ab Ripper however will be very tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment