Thursday, October 20, 2011

P90X Day 3: Shoulders and Arms

I was looking forward to doing Shoulders and Arms yesterday but that excitement quickly dissipated as the day went on.  The soreness in my arms was and is pretty bad.  My only solace was that by doing the workout I would stretch out my muscles and reduce the soreness.  This was true during the workout but not so much after.


Shoulders and Arms is one of the "easier" workouts in the program but it's still a challenge.  In the past, I ran into issues with my form during the exercises so I decided to reduce the weight I was using in order to complete the exercises with full reps.  There are still a few moves that are just plain tough (Static arm curls, Deep Swimmers Press, Congdon Curls).  Overall though, I feel great after doing this workout as I am a fan of bicep workouts.


I skipped Ab Ripper once again because of the overall soreness in my body.  I think that I will skip it completely this week and start doing it during week 2 and allow the soreness to go away.


Tonight's workout is one of my favorites, Yoga X.  I have to believe that the soreness in my arms are going to make this workout very, very tough and I don't think I'm going to do very well.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment