Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Insanity Day 6: Rest Day...yeah right

Sorry for the missed posts during the weekend.  I planned on taking a rest day on Saturday and then completing week 1 on Sunday.  That didn't really happen for various reasons.


Saturday, my rest day mind you, was an all day festival of helping my friends move to their new apartment.  As such I didn't really get to "rest" and I spent about 6 hours lugging boxes and furniture up and down stairs, onto trucks, and basically busting my ass.  I was already sore from the workouts during the week so this was torture.


Sunday came around and I had hoped to do my final workout of week 1 but that didn't happen. I felt dog tired all day and I also had to mow the lawn.  I hate yard work during fall because by this point I have mowed my damn lawn for almost 5 months and I am sick of it.  Last year I stopped mowing in late August and my yard became a disgrace.  So in an effort to not get fined by the city, I must keep mowing until my grass finally stops growing.


So yeah, no workouts this weekend which irritated me...sorry about that.  I will try to keep that at a minimum.  Actually, I HAVE to keep it at a minimum since I am on a time table here and I can't afford to miss many days.


One final note.  I created a team for Tough Mudder and we are called "The Illegitimate Sons of Ivan Drago."  If you've ever seen Rocky 4 then you understand.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment