Saturday, September 24, 2011

Insanity Day 12: Cardio Power and Resistance

Today's workout was Cardio Power and Resistance for the second time this week.  At times I was able to summon up the determination to push through for extra reps and keep up my intensity.  Especially during the last set of moves when I am usually dog tired.  It was nice to finally just clench my teeth and knock out a few more reps during the plank runners and the moving push ups.  In fact today was the first time that I sensed the improvements I have made.  The exercises were more familiar to me and by concentrating on my core, I truly felt that I was able to complete more today than I have up to this point.


This workout was still a friggin' monster though and I was pouring sweat by the first stretch as per usual (fucking warm up).  The toughest moves during this workout just happen to be bastard relatives of your basic squat which is why I struggle with them.  Power jumps, globe jumps, and that damn combination 8 hop squat/8 push up at the ass end of the workout.


I was going to mow the lawn today but since my legs were feeling a bit rubbery I decided against it in favor of a nice hot shower.  Tomorrow is my last workout for week 2!  Very exciting but it also means that I have to do Pure Cardio again...this time with a session of abs immediately after.  Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment