Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Insanity Day 16: Plyometric Cardio Circuit

My chins and ankles have been very sore today so I was not looking forward to the ol' Plyo Circuit.  I had some improvements on the warm up as I am able to get through the first two sequences without stopping.  The third one is still a challenge though.


During the workout proper, I was concentrating on being able to complete certain moves and not taking as many breaks as I have in the past.  I was able to complete suicides, Mountain Climbers, Jabs, Uppercuts, and Power Strikes in full.  No breaks and with full reps.  That being said, the Power Squats are just brutal and the Level 1 Drills are always a bitch.  I was able to do a few more drills before I had to take a break so at least I am making some progress.  The main thing is that these fit assholes in the video are stopping for breaks during that sequence so you can't tell me I'm supposed to be any different.


Overall I felt pretty good about the workout but my legs took a beating.  They don't hurt now but I am going to put ice on them.  It was hell during the workout.  So anyways, I am about to sit down and watch Halloween since it is that time of the season.  This weekend is my friends housewarming party and it will be the first time I have been able to drink since my wife and I started this sabbatical in September.  I probably won't drink much considering I don't want to miss a workout day.  Tomorrow is fucking Pure Cardio and Abs again...bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment