Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Insanity Day 7: Plyometric Cardio Circuit...yayy!

After my lost weekend I was finally able to complete week 1 yesterday.  Day 7 was the return of Plyometric Cardio Circuit and that means more Level 1 circuit...errr.


The good news is that I can complete some of the moves (Mountain Climbers, High Knees, Suicides) with no breaks.  That is a definite improvement from the first day.  Its also easier for me to do this workout now that I understand the exercises and how they flow together.  I am able to anticipate what comes next and I can adjust my intensity accordingly.  If I know that a tougher exercise is coming up, I can back off the current one to give myself a little extra energy.  Now, while this might seem like a good idea in theory, it still doesn't mean that I am able to complete the hard moves.  Certainly not the Level 1 circuit.


That damn Level 1 circuit is a friggin' beast.  Two minutes of hell repeated three times...I hate it.  The day I can actually keep up with Shaun T and his minions during this move will be a very happy day for me.


After the workout I checked the scale, which I don't do that often, and saw that I lost a pound....not that big of a deal but I will take any weight loss at this point.  I am currently 203 lbs. and my goal is around 180.  If I can keep up the intensity during these workouts, I see no reason why I won't get there.


Week 1 is complete!  Overall a tough week of soreness and getting used to the rigors of this program.  Just like P90X, if you can get through the first two weeks of the program then you are past the hardest part.  All of the workouts, even my recovery day, were very challenging and it takes every ounce of determination (and sweat) in my body to complete.  One day at a time...


I will probably add a section to the blog that displays the results of my fitness tests every other week.  These tests are meant to show the improvements I make as I go through the program.  My second fitness test will be next week so I need to bust my ass this week in preparation.  Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment