Thursday, September 15, 2011

Insanity Day 4: Cardio Recovery

The cardio recovery workout was a nice break from the frenetic action of the last two days.  I could sum it up as a condensed version of Yoga X from P90X.  When I did P90X for the first time Yoga was always my favorite workout.  I loved the challenge, the measured gains per week, and how relaxed I felt after each session.  No matter how bad of a day I had at work, I could throw Yoga on and I would feel great after.


Cardio Recovery had similar moves (Planks, Downward dogs, right angle poses) but without the continuous vinyasa sequences.  Funny thing is that even though the workout wasn't crazy, I was still sweating my ass off.  This program just doesn't pull any punches, even on a "recovery" day.  The nice thing is that the workout was relatively short (about 35 minutes).  


After the workout I enjoyed a delicious meal of home made cabbage soup and a chicken salad.  I have started to eat healthier to match my workouts.  I'm not following the Insanity nutrition plan because I feel like I don't eat enough and subsequently I feel lightheaded when I workout.  Instead, I am following the P90X plan which worked great for me last time and the food tastes great (It's all about the chicken pita).


A couple blog updates:  I have posted a countdown clock to Tough Mudder and I included a section on the left that displays the gear I may possibly purchase for the event.  The items may change as I do more research but my tentative choices are currently listed.  If any of you have done Tough Mudder before and have any suggestions, feel free to leave a comment.  


Anyways, tomorrow is Pure Cardio and I assume it is going to kick my ass like every other workout so far.  That's good though.  I need the cardio right now to help me lose weight quickly.  I'm looking forward to the next few weeks in the hope that I start to see some results.  Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment