Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Insanity Day 8: Cardio Power and Resistance...I hate Globe Jumps

Onto week 2!  As I sit here recollecting today's workout I must admit that I went into it thinking it might be a bit easier than last week.  After all, every day consists of extreme cardio workouts and I would like to think that my body is starting to get used to the daily grind.  Once again...I thought wrong.


Cardio Power and Resistance is all about...well, power.  Lots of jumps, squats, and push ups.  The one thing I noticed about this workout is that there really isn't an exercise that I would call "easy."  What I mean is that you could be working out and sometime during the program you will get to that one exercise that you know you can relax on and get a breather.  Today's workout does NOT have that...and the closest one (Belt Kicks) still involves a lot of squats.  These workouts just will not get easier.  


Every time I post I always mention the warm ups for this program and I am not kidding when I say the warm ups are killer.  The first 5-6 minutes of almost every workout have this friggin' warm up that has jacks, jogging, high knees, butt kicks, and others.  In fact, I wouldn't even call it a warm up since I am drenched in sweat by the end of it.  Seriously...6 minutes into every workout and I am sweating more than any workout in P90X.  This shit is no joke.


All things considered, I am feeling pretty good.  My legs are still sore from the daily punishment they're receiving but I'm hoping that will go away by the end of the week.  These workouts allow me to get to bed pretty early which is nice because I was having bouts of insomnia for a while which I believe was caused by my diet and lack of physical activity.  At this point I just want to start seeing results on my body.  


Anyways, tomorrow is Pure Cardio again and yeah.....I'm a little scared.  12 minutes of non stop cardio.  That's Insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment