Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Insanity Day 14: Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs...holy shit

After my lazy Sunday and a long night of little sleep (Insomnia), I had to force myself to do Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs.  You already know my feelings about Pure Cardio...but I definitely noticed improvement in a lot of things yesterday.  I was able to complete the first two circuits of the warm up without stopping, which is the first time that's happened.  I really tried to breathe through every move and I was determined not to stop.  The third fast circuit is still too challenging for me so I had to take a couple breaks.


I really busted my ass yesterday to get through the moves and even though I had to take quite a few breaks, I still felt that I was improving.  By the end I didn't feel completely ruined as I had the other times I did the workout.  I will take any small improvements at this point.


However, this was the first time that I had to do Cardio Abs and after such a hard workout it was the last thing I wanted to do.  I liked the workout but my core was friggin' killing me since I haven't really done any ab exercises during this program.  If you're wondering, Cardio Abs is MUCH tougher than Ab Ripper X in P90X.  You're engaging your core a lot more with moves that require you to keep your back off the mat.  No sit ups or crunches and the result is a much more effective workout.  The fact that I had to do it immediately after Pure Cardio was the hardest part.


Anyways, week 2 is complete!  Overall another tough week.  The workouts are not easier but I have been making small improvements here and there.  I've lost a few pounds but the hardest thing for me is to keep motivating myself to put the DVD in and press play.  If I do that and get past the warm ups then it's all good.  I have two more weeks in this month and then I will finally get to the Recovery week.  My next workout is the 2nd fitness test and I will be sure to create a new section on the blog to display the test results.  Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment