Friday, September 16, 2011

Insanity Day 5: Pure Cardio (Pure Hell)

Let's get one thing straight here...I did NOT underestimate this program.  I knew that when I spent the money for Insanity, this program was going to be challenging and probably harder than P90X.  I knew that it was cardio-heavy and that I wouldn't be using weights.  I knew that I would have to make a commitment in order to complete these workouts.


With that out of the way......HOLY SHIT this fucking workout was hard!!!  (Fancy formatting FTW)


I'll try to keep the f-bombs to a minimum in these posts but I felt it necessary for today's workout.  Saying Pure Cardio is a hard workout is truly an understatement.  P90X has Plyometrics and the first few times I did that workout I felt like I was dying a little.  Insanity has Pure Cardio and it's beyond the normal ways you would describe something as being challenging or hard...this was obscene.  


Now I am pretty out of shape but you know you're screwed when Shaun T (The instructor for Insanity) says "Is anyone else as nervous about this workout as I am?"  Shaun T and his minions in these videos are very fit, cut, basically physically prepared for the workouts.  When THEY are scared of what's to come that is not good for me.


The warmup was hard as usual and I was pouring sweat by the stretch, just 5 minutes into the session.  That's when Shaun T made his nervous comment and that's when I knew I was screwed.  For 12 straight minutes it was nothing but cardio exercise after cardio exercise; each one a minute long and absolutely NO BREAKS.  Suicides, power squats, push up jacks, and the return of the dreaded level 1 circuit.  Shaun T and his minions were stopping for water, everyone had pain written all over their faces, and I am laughing at how ridiculous this workout is.  


This is the toughest workout so far even though I said that about the first two days.  I can't imagine what the Maximum cardio circuits are going to be like during the second month...I don't really want to.  Next week I have to do this workout twice, and the second time I have to follow it up with a session of abs.  I don't know how I will do this.  


Anyways, that was my workout.  Tomorrow I have to help a friend move so I may not be able to do my last workout of week 1.  If not, then tomorrow will be my rest day and I will complete the week on Sunday.  Later!



No comments:

Post a Comment